Thursday, December 26, 2013

Merry Beer-Mas!

Well, Christmas is finally here. We woke up early, opened gifts, drank some coffee, spent time with family, shared a meal, had some egg-nog, and were blessed to have spent some time with the ones we love. I was also blessed to finally crack open a bottle of my favorite Christmas beer.

December 25th

Mad Elf by Tröegs Brewing Company


This Belgian ale hails from Hershey, PA, and is all together delicious. A vibrant red colored 11% ABV beer that tastes fantastic and not at all as strong as the high alcohol might suggest. Fragrant and complex honey and cherries fill out the flavor of this beer and when you drink it, it puts you in the Christmas spirit! Let this one warm gently a few minutes out of the fridge to capture all of the wonderful flavors and aromas.

One of the great things about this past week of Beer-Mas was that I got to share a few of these beers with some of my favorite people in the world.  Hopefully you all got to share some special beers and with friends and family too.

Well, that's going to wrap it up for Beer-Mas 2013. I had a great time documenting my countdown to Christmas with you all, and thank you for taking the time for checking out this adventure! Drop me a line and let me know what special brews you got into this holiday season!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment