Monday, December 23, 2013

A Very Merry Beer-Mas

Today's beer has a great label and a fantastic flavor. Settling in for the evening, my wife and I were sharing a piece of peanut butter pie and I thought to myself..."Self, you know what beer we need to open up for today's Beer-Mas?" So I went downstairs and grabbed the bottle.


December 21st


Merry Maker by Samuel Adams



After having the Fat Jack pumpkin beer this fall, I knew I needed to try this small batch seasonal brew when I saw it at the local bottle shop. The Merry Maker is a Gingerbread Stout coming in at 9% ABV. This beer sounds and looks awesome. The picture of the sledding gingerbread men, the aromas of chocolate, coffee, and cinnamon as you pour it, the dark rich color. The beer was fantastic, hitting all the notes of a well done stout and a well done gingerbread cookie. It paired perfectly with that piece of peanut butter pie.


Hopefully you are all getting to eat and drink something special this holiday season.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment