Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Beer-Mas is heading home for the Holidays!

Well, it's about that time when we pack up the car and head out to visit our loved ones for the holidays. We're heading back to Ohio tomorrow, so this will be my last 2013 Beer-Mas in Rochester (or will it?)

Today's beer takes us south-east to Easton, PA and a brewery who I'm fairly certain create some of the most well-done labels in craft beer.

December 18th

Winter Ale by Wyerbacher


This beer was a lot darker than I expected it to be when I was pouring it. Lots of chocolate malt give this a roasty taste and a nice chocolate aroma, though I don't get much chocolate flavor in the mouth. A smooth 5.6% ABV gives it just a little extra kick than in a typical dark ale.

As a huge fan of craft beer and a huge fan of cooking, you may have noticed that I'm a very big fan of recipes involving my favorite beers, and Wyerbacher does not disappoint. Winter Ale Caramelized Walnuts with Bacon sounds like it could be the most amazing thing ever! Unfortunately I'll have to settle for the beer alone tonight as we finish wrapping and pack up the car.

Beer-Mas will resume once we hit beautiful, sunny Ohio. Until then, Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment