Monday, December 16, 2013

December 15th Beer-Mas

December 15th was a very busy day at the Malone house. It started with a trip to Target for some gifts and wrapping paper, followed by a stop at the grocery store to load up on ingredients for a day full of cookie making. Don't worry though, before any cookies were put in the oven, I set out to find the next beer for Beer-Mas.

December 15th

Winer Ale by Captain Lawrence Brewing Company


A dark copper and richly malty beer. Captain Lawrence calls on their secret blend of spices to give their annual Winter Ale a little something extra. What is in the secret blend? We can't be sure, but I tasted a lot of cinnamon and nutmeg while I was sipping this beer and looking out at the foot of snow that had fallen on us.

A bit over spiced for me, but it was a great way to start a day of tasting all the cookies my wife was busy baking!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment