Saturday, January 11, 2014

What a Week!

This has been a fast and furious beer week. So I thought I'd better take a minute to recap some of the things that have been going on this week.

After the BJCP Style Session on Sour Beers, we held our monthly UNYHA meeting. As always it was great. Lot's of people in attendance, lots of great homebrew and a few great commercial beers that were passed around. Special thanks to our beer hunters who brought some beer back from Wicked Weed this month. Their Milk and Cookie Stout was phenomenal!!!!

At the meeting, I got to talking with a fellow homebrewer, and he invited me over for a brew session on Friday. We put together an Imperial Stout (see, I said this month was for Imperial Stouts!) and brewed it up on his awesome custom-built brew system. Check out his set-up and more at LüBrü. We had a great time brewing and the beer hit all the numbers and smelled awesome, I can't wait to try it!

Continuing on Saturday, we ventured out to do some shopping, which was good for me because it took us close to AJ's Beer Warehouse who just so happened to be hosting a tasting by one of my favorite local breweries Abandon Brewing,


I picked up a few bottles and tried some awesome brews from Abandon, including a Belgian Quad. If you aren't familiar, a Belgian Quad and a Belgian Dark Strong are similar in most ways, and completely delicious. Dark candy, fruits, and rich malts come together in this amazing brew. I was very happy to have gotten to try it!

I'm about half-way though my growler of Abandon's Farmhouse Saison, which is fantastic, so I need to get beck to that. I hope you all are having a great beer-week. Let us know what special brews you got into, or where beer took you this week.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment